Monday, January 17, 2011

Simple and filling = comfort.

No kidding, this will be the easiest recipe I will ever post, I think. It is so simple and so filling, how could it not be called "Comfort food?"

It's super easy to put together and easy to cook. What more could you ask for?

I have found that this has become a turn too in my family and I hope it brings good memories to my girls when they get older.


It has stayed on my "splurge" list and I shall not part ways with it. I enjoy the clash of textures and tastes very much and it's warm and filling. You think you could eat a ton of it but it's one of those dishes that proves that your eyes are indeed bigger then your stomach.

Ingredients:

(This will feed all five of us with no left overs)

1 Box of Velveeta shells and cheese. Do not use powdered mac n cheese, wont turn out the same. Cooked and prepared as directed on box.

1 can of chili (I used turkey, you can use whatever you like)

1/4 to 1/2 block of Velveeta cheese 16 oz size cut into cubes. The amount is up to you. I kinda like mine cheesy but not.

1 box of Jiffy corn bread mix- made per directions.

Directions:

1- Make the shells and cheese as directed on the box. When drained and cheese is added, stir in the chili and Velvetta cheese. Mixed until additional cheese is almost melted.

2- Make the corn bread mix as directed.

3- Spray baking dish with cooking spray. Add in the shell and cheese mixture. Top with corn bread batter and gently spread until shell and cheese is covered.

4- Bake at 350 until the corn bread is golden, set in the center and brown around the edges. Serve hot.

Enjoy!

I never said it was healthy, I did say it was comfort food and comforting it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment